Installation & Setup
1. Upload the plugin zip file through the WordPress plugins screen.
2. Activate the plugin.
3. Visit http://www.eventfinda.co.nz/api/v2/index to request a user name & Eventfinda API key.
3. Use the Settings->Eventz Lite screen to configure the plugin.
4. Enter your Eventfinda API username & password in the General Setup section.
5. You must add this shortcode[eventz-lite] in a page or post.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I use the shortcode?
Place the shortcode[eventz-lite] in any page or post.
How do I refine the result sets?
Visit http://www.eventfinda.co.nz/api/v2/events and navigate to the “Parameters” section to see the available query paramaters that can be used to retrieve the result sets.
I have events listed with Eventfinda, how do I display just those listings?
Auckland Events: [eventz-lite params="location_slug=auckland"]
Auckland Gig Guide: [eventz-lite params="location_slug=auckland&category_slug=concerts-gig-guide"]
The Location Slug:
The location slug is the last string in the url as highlighted below:
For the location above the shortcode would be as follows:
The location slug can also be used for venues.
Visit Eventfinda and search for your venue, example “Henderson RSA”.
Events for this venue will be displayed with a link to the venue, for the above example the link is:
The location slug to enter for the above example is “henderson-rsa-auckland-west”.
The Category Slug:
To find the category slugs for your country visit your local Eventfinda site and click “Find Events” at the top of the page.
When the “Upcoming Events” page has loaded you will see the event categories listed underneath the locations.
Click the category you would like to display and get the category slug from the url as below:
For more information on querying the Eventfinda API: